This week is Chocolate Week, and the best way to celebrate it is happening this weekend with The Chocolate Show at the Olympia.
According to the Chocolate Show website, “Over 15,000 will be flocking to West London to enjoy indulgent chocolate treats, live celebrity demonstrations, get hands-on in workshops and discover bean to bar chocolate at the UK’s largest celebration of our favourite sweet treat.”
Some of the highlights of the Chocolate Show are…
– A chocolate factory at the show making from the bean live throughout the event. HB Ingredients and Paul Wayne–Gregory will be demonstrating the techniques behind the chocolate making process.
– Celebrity chefs including Hideko Kawa of SweetArt Lab, Will Torrent, Willie Harcourt-Cooze, Paul A Young, Chris & Jeff Galvin, Tony Rodd and GBBO winner Edd Kimber showcasing their patisserie and chocolate recipes live on the main stage.
– Valrhona and Belle Epoque are hosting a dessert bar with four delicious patisserie creations available throughout the show.
– Paul a Young will be making his famous brownies live at the show, served warm with a variety of toppings including his world award winning sea salted caramel sauce.
– The Tasting Room, which will offer guests a chance to taste and learn about some of the world’s best chocolate.
If you’re you’re unable to make it to the show, there are still several ways for you to honour Chocolate Week. For example, there are several other events taking place, which you can find out about here.
Or, if you’re just looking for some lovely chocolatey treats to sample, take a look at The Independent’s look at fifteen luxury boxes to try out.
Also, Godiva are also doing a few different things to celebrate the nation’s favourite treat, which you can see here.
Also take a look at this handy guide to London’s events from the Telegraph, here. Or, if you just want to try a few different chocolates while relaxing in front of Netflix, Huffington Post have you covered! And finally, the Metro have a few guilt-free options for the dieters among you, here.
Have a happy chocolate week!