We thought it would be fun if we kicked off June by taking a look at some of the interesting and entertaining events that have taken place on this day in history!
- 1967—The Beatles release Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band in the US, which goes Gold quickly.
- 1974– The Heimlich maneuver, which was just invented to save the life of choking victims, is published in the journal of Emergency Medicine.
- 1979– Los Angeles passes its first homosexual rights bill!
- 1980– CNN, Cable News Network, airs for the first time, changing the landscape of television news forever.
- 1996– Woody Harrelson was arrested for planting hemp seeds in Kentucky to protest the state law that did not distinguish between industrial hemp and marijuana
- 1999– British singer Dido introduces her debut album, “No Angel”, in America.
- 2007– Jack Kevorkian is released from jail after committing second-degree murder in the 1998 assisted death of a man from Oakland County, Michigan.
- 2007– Smoking is banned from public spots in the United Kingdom’s.
- 2008 –Universal Studios Hollywood catches fire, ruining many attractions such as the clock tower from Back to the Future and the King Kong exhibit on the studio tour.